Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's October, so I've been in Austria about two months now. The leaves here are starting to change a little, the temperature is starting to get a little chilly, and the wind is picking up. In the past month, I've done the first half of the Visa process, started school, begun spanish class, joined a dance class, went to my first Rotary meeting here, been to the ballet, and spent a weekend hiking with the other exchange students. I had a meeting with my counsellor and found out who my next 2 host families will be and when I am moving. First change takes place in January (I think towards the end), and the second in April. When I leave my family a boy from Australia will take my place, and I will take the place of David, from Ecuador. He'll be living with my family when we change in April. It sucks to think about changing homes and living with other people. Leaving my family is going to be so hard.
School is going well too. I am in the last year, but its not so bad, because I only do the things I'm capable of, and I am in an extra German class with a younger class, just to give me some extra language and grammar.
I went to the ballet last weekend, and saw Onegin. It was my first ballet, and it was amazing <3 I'd really like to go back and see another ballet, or maybe even an opera.
There was a weekend in Tauplitz where all the exchange students got together and hiked all day Saturday. It was really fun, even though it was hiking. The mountains were really pretty, and I took a lot of pictures. I can't wait until the next Rotary function with the other exchange students. It will be in Vienna, in about two weeks, so I'm getting really excited. I don't have to ride a train forever, and I still get to see everybody.
We are going to a few plays with school. There will be a musical in English, and two or three others with German class. I think I signed up for two of them.
My host sister took me to the library the other day. It was really cool. Soooooo many books. Way different than my libraries back home. The ones where I live are really small in comparison with a Vienna library that has its own U-Bahn stop.
There's always something going on here, so I rarely get to go on a computer. I spend so much time at school, or with friends, or with my family. I love it here. Life is good (:

1 comment: